25 Jun How to Instantly Recognize and Clear Blocked Chakras
Chakras are energetic centers in the body. There is a total of 114 of chakras in the human body, and seven of them are most commonly discussed as the main chakras. Each has its own meaning, and each affects your life in a specific area. Any blocked chakra will prevent you from accessing your best self and experiencing a full expression of life. Luckily, it does not take a guru to tell you if your chakras are open or blocked. Simply knowing what each represents will help you access the health of your energy centers and address them as required.
The first chakra is located at the base of the spine. It is called the root chakra, and it is represented by color red and Earth element. The root chakra addresses our physical needs for shelter, food, water, survival, and feeling safe. In energy terms, this chakra is about grounding and connection to the Earth.
This chakra is the foundation of every other chakra, and therefore the most vital. It is the first building block of your life. Whenever the root chakra is off-balance, the rest of the chakras are at a risk of either getting blocked or becoming overactive. Both directions lead to an unbalanced energy field.
It is not uncommon to have an unbalanced root chakra when doing spiritual work when focused too much on the high chakras, especially the third eye and the crown. It is important to remember to use grounding techniques—this will keep you rooted.
Symptoms of a blocked root chakra:
- Feeling stuck, unsafe, and powerless.
- Stressing out about your basic needs like shelter and food.
- Being in a loop of poverty, bad finances, or unfulfilling dead-end jobs.
- Feeling unsupported by family, friends, or community.
- Thinking of life in terms of pure survival rather than thriving.
Signs of an open root chakra:
- Feeling a sense of belonging in your community.
- Being content with every aspect of your life.
- Knowing that you are protected and supported, and that money and opportunities will come when they are needed.
- Most importantly, feeling safe.
The second chakra—sacral chakra—is positioned just below your belly button. It is associated with the color orange and the element of water. It represents your physical expression: emotions, sexuality, pleasure, and aspects of creativity.
Symptoms of a blocked sacral chakra:
- Being closed off to intimate and emotionally vulnerable connection with people.
- Having negative thoughts or feelings associated with sexuality.
- Feelings of mistrust of others that stem from abuse or emotional trauma.
- Having addictions.
Signs of an open sacral chakra:
- Having a healthy relationship with your sexuality.
- Being open to pleasurable experiences in life.
Solar Plexus Chakra—Creativity
The third chakra—the solar plexus chakra—is the center of your creativity, personal expression, power, and freedom. It is located above the navel and is associated with color yellow and the fire element.
Symptoms of a blocked solar plexus chakra:
- Feeling lack of creativity.
- Thinking you are powerless and a victim to your circumstances.
- Being in a relationship that dominates you and diminishes your self-worth.
- Forgetting to dream—instead, looking at a bleak future.
- Experiencing stomach pains and issues.
Signs of an open solar plexus chakra:
- Knowing exactly who you are and using your personal power on a day to day basis.
- Feeling the strength to help not just yourself but other in the world.
- Coming up with many creative ideas to use in your work and personal life.
- Feeling a complete sense of self-acceptance.
The heart chakra, the fourth chakra on this list, is your center of love—every kind of love. Loving yourself, others, your life, and this world all comes from an open heart chakra.
Symptoms of a blocked heart chakra:
- Being scared of letting others into your life, and feeling uncomfortable when others show that they love you.
- Mistrusting partners in romantic relationships.
- Avoiding intimate and close relationships.
- Experiencing physical heart issues.
Signs of an open heart chakra:
- Having healthy close relationships.
- Giving others unconditional love and doing things for friends or family without waiting for something in return.
- Feeling a general sense of gratitude and love for humanity.
- Experiencing pure joy.
Do you have trouble communicating? Your throat chakra may be blocked. This fifth chakra is associated with color blue and sound. It is located in your neck. This chakra gives you the ability to speak your truth, be heard, and self-express with sound, like singing and chanting.
Symptoms of a blocked throat chakra:
- Being silent and afraid to share your thoughts with others.
- Holding in what you truly feel for the sake of not starting confrontations.
- Feeling frustrated that others are not listening to you.
- Getting sore throats and lung problems often.
- Fear of others’ opinions of you.
Signs of an open throat chakra:
- Being able to be yourself and speak your mind no matter where and who you are with.
- Feeling heard by others.
Third Eye Chakra—Intuition
The sixth, third eye chakra, is located between your eyebrows. It is associated with indigo color and light. This is your spiritual center, where intuition and psychic abilities stem from. It also guides you to find your purpose in life and self-expression in a spiritual sense.
Symptoms of a blocked third eye chakra:
- Feeling confused about your mission in life.
- Being unable to use your intuition or receive any spiritual messages.
- Experiencing disconnect from the universe and its energy.
- Feeling a lack in your spiritual work.
- Getting headaches often.
Signs of an open third eye chakra:
- Using intuition successfully to help guide your life.
- Knowing and honoring your truth.
- Having a clear focus.
The seventh chakra is crown chakra, and it is located on the top of your head. It is associated with violet color and thoughts. This is the main spiritual center that connects you with the universe, your high self, your spirit guides, and universal energy.
While the third eye chakra connects you with your own spiritual power, the crown chakra connects you to everything in the universe—the Spirit and the divine consciousness.
Symptoms of a blocked crown chakra:
- Feeling lonely or alone in the world.
- Feeling disconnected from the rest of humanity, not feeling the oneness of it all.
- Suffering from migraines.
- Experiencing depression.
Signs of an open crown chakra:
- Feeling a connection to the higher power.
- Knowing that you are never alone and always receiving help.
- Being grateful for life and existence.
- Living mindfully.
Support Your Inner Healer – Your Mind and Body on Yoga